We help our clients get visibility in scientific and trade publications by writing feature articles for broad distribution. We work with clients to identify goals and messages, conduct literature research and interviews to get the science right, and work with editors to shepherd the article through to publication. Continue reading
Our team regularly produces articles and newsletters for the Thriving Earth Exchange of the American Geophysical Union highlighting ways communities and scientists are working together to build a better world.
We pitch story ideas, manage the editorial calendar, conduct stakeholder interviews and produce each story start-to-finish. Our pieces have taken a variety of multimedia forms, including videos, podcasts, infographics, slideshows and articles.
By sharing these stories, we hope to inspire more communities and scientists to advance solutions to pressing environmental problems. Continue reading
We have written hundreds of press releases to help our clients share the latest research findings and technological innovations. This work has helped generate coverage in high-impact media outlets such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, National Public Radio and BBC News.
We are adept at screening abstracts for newsworthiness, interviewing researchers, developing press materials and interfacing with client stakeholders and the press to disseminate research news.
This work helps broaden the public’s understanding of the impacts and importance of basic and applied science in areas ranging from telecommunications to drug discovery to deep space. Clients have included The Optical Society, UNC Health Care, the Renaissance Computing Institute, Genetics Society of America and others. Continue reading
We help our clients stand out in a crowded media environment with snappy copy and strategic social engagement. We create engaging posts and irresistible graphics, expand our clients’ networks and generally maximize the visibility of compelling science content.
As part of this work, we have:
- Managed clients’ Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts
- Maintained email newsletters and blogs
- Created flyers, postcards, email blasts and other marketing collateral
- Developed and promoted events and programs
- Overseen website audits and revamps for maximum visibility
- Surveyed target audiences to plan and evaluate outreach strategies
Clients who have benefitted from our marketing and social media consulting include Higgs Boson Health, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, the American Society for Nutrition, the American Geophysical Union and others.
Our team has developed content for mobile applications, brochures and presentations aimed at improving public health and educating patients. It’s our hope that these materials empower people to understand the latest science and make more informed decisions about their health.
Our team has extensive experience writing and editing scientific reports and workshop proceedings. We work closely with client stakeholders to scope the timeline and goals of each project and develop a customized style guide to ensure clarity and consistency.
Our team served as writers/rapporteurs for:
- Understanding, Controlling, and Preventing Exposure to PFAS
- Communications, Cyber Resilience, and the Future of the U.S. Electric Power System
- Closing the Loop on the Plastics Dilemma
- Domestic Manufacturing Capabilities for Critical DoD Applications: Emerging Needs in Quantum-Enabled Systems
- Strategic Long-Term Participation by DoD in Its Manufacturing USA Institutes
- Care, Use, and Welfare of Marmosets as Animal Models for Gene Editing-Based Biomedical Research
- Beyond Spectre: Confronting New Technical and Policy Challenges
- Recoverability as a First-Class Security Objective
- The Business of Healthcare: Adapting to an Aging Economy
- Bolting Reliability for Offshore Oil and Natural Gas Operations
- Software Update as a Mechanism for Resilience and Security
- Cryptographic Agility and Interoperability: Proceedings of a Workshop
- Data Breach Aftermath and Recovery for Individuals and Institutions