Our team has provided media relations services and developed dozens of press releases to draw attention to key research findings presented at scientific conferences. As part of this work, we help guide topic selection, build media contact lists, prepare press releases and media briefs, pitch news stories, interface with researchers and the press, promote topics on social media and track media coverage.
This work has resulted in hundreds of media placements including articles in The Washington Post, Yahoo! News, LA Times, Fox News, ABC News, Huffington Post, IFLScience, TIME, Newsweek, National Geographic and numerous other high-impact media outlets. We’ve tracked traditional and social media coverage in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
We have provided media relations services for Experimental Biology each year since 2014. Experimental Biology is an annual conference of multiple scientific societies that attracts more than 14,000 attendees from a range of biological disciplines (along with numerous members of the press).
We also led the media outreach effort for Nutrition 2018, the inaugural flagship meeting of the American Society for Nutrition, and in 2016 we developed media briefing materials for The Allied Genetics Conference of the Genetics Society of America. We regularly provide media relations services for other conferences on topics from basic research to clinical trials.
Example press releases:
- Large study finds workplace foods contribute to unhealthy eating
- American toddlers consume too much sugar
- Human-like walking mechanics evolved before the genus Homo
- Why zero-calorie sweeteners can still lead to diabetes, obesity
- An intimate look at the mechanics of dolphin sex
- Low-sodium diet might not lower blood pressure
- Could genetics influence what we like to eat?
- With synthetic mucus, researchers take aim at antibiotic resistance
- Viruses revealed to be a major driver of human evolution
- Cave-dwelling fish could provide clues to staying healthy with diabetes
- Mite sets new record as world’s fastest land animal
- Cartilage, made to order
- Naked mole rats and the secret to longevity