We routinely provide writing and editing services to help researchers develop journal papers and grant proposals. We are familiar with the strict timing and formatting constraints involved in these products and provide quick-turnaround services to ensure clients stay on track for submission deadlines.
Depending on client needs and resources, we can provide consultation early in the development process to help researchers define and scope their paper or project, provide last-minute copyediting/proofreading, or anything in between.
We are well-versed in the terminology of a range of scientific disciplines and also provide the “outsider viewpoint” to help clients create proposals that are understandable and appealing to reviewers who may have limited familiarity with the subject matter.
For example, our team contributed to an extensive meeting report on a seminal meeting of the Genetics Society of America, The Allied Genetics Conference:
- Organizers of The Allied Genetics Conference 2016 (2016) “Meeting Report: The Allied Genetics Conference 2016.” G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics 6(12) 3765-3786.
Anne also helped write and develop scientific papers for submission to peer-review journals as part of a previous job with government contractor MDB, Inc. Example papers include:
- Schug TT, Heindel JH, Camacho L, Delclos KB, Howard P, Johnson AF, Aungst J, Keefe D, Newbold R, Walker NJ, Zoeller RT, Bucher JR. (2013) “A new approach to synergize academic and guideline-compliant research: The CLARITY-BPA research program.” Reproductive Toxicology 40:35-40
- Schug TT, Nadadur SS, Johnson AF. (2013) “Nano GO Consortium—A Team Science Approach to Assess Engineered Nanomaterials: Reliable Assays and Methods.” Environmental Health Perspectives Editorial, Epub 6 May 2013
- Schug TT, Johnson AF, Balshaw DM, Garantziotis S, Walker NJ, Weis C, Nadadur SS, Birnbaum LS. (2013) “ONE Nano: NIEHS’s Strategic Initiative on the Health and Safety Effects of Engineered Nanomaterials.” Environmental Health Perspectives 121(4):410-4.
- Birnbaum LS, Bucher JR, Collman GW, Zeldin DC, Johnson AF, Schug TT, Heindel JJ. (2012) “Consortium-Based Science: The NIEHS’s Multipronged, Collaborative Approach to Assessing the Health Effects of Bisphenol A” Environmental Health Perspectives 120(12):1640-4.