Since 2015 we have regularly provided communications and media promotion services to The Optical Society, publisher of multiple high-impact journals in the areas of optics and photonics.
For this work, we screen manuscripts for newsworthiness, interview researchers, develop press releases or other communications products and interface with Society stakeholders to review and finalize the stories.
This work has helped broaden the public’s understanding of the impacts and importance of basic and applied physics and generated news coverage in popular, scientific and trade publications.
- How to use limited bandwidth more efficiently? Think like a cave-dwelling fish.
- Researchers levitate water droplets to improve contaminant detection
- Researchers use LiDAR to locate invasive fish and preserve a national treasure
- New camera inspired by butterfly eyes improves image-guided cancer surgery
- Innovative technique for shaping light could solve bandwidth crunch
- New chip could bring highest level of encryption to any mobile device
- Could optical clocks redefine the length of a second?
- Researchers turn an iPad mini into an invisibility cloak