We have written numerous white papers for the Renaissance Computing Institute, or RENCI. Covering diverse topics in data and computer sciences, these papers highlight RENCI research initiatives and offer “big picture” perspectives on fast-evolving high-tech fields.
For each paper, we meet with relevant RENCI staff members and other stakeholders to identify the audience, goals and key messages for the paper and gather source material. We then play a lead role in drafting the paper and shepherding it through a review process that includes all stakeholders. We also develop diagrams and other graphics to convey complex technical concepts at a glance.
Example papers include:
- Lander H, Rajasekar A. (2015) “DataBridge: Creating Bridges to Find Dark Data.” RENCI White Paper Series 3(5)
- Borland D, et al. (2015) “Getting to Know the Social Computing Rooms.” RENCI White Paper Series 3(4)
- Carsey TM, et al. (2015) “The Virtual Institute for Social Research.” RENCI White Paper Series 3(3)
- Heard, J. (2014) “RENCI Geoanalytics.” RENCI White Paper Series 2(3)
- Sankaran, S, et al. (2014) “REACH NC: The Research, Engagement, and Capabilities Hub of North Carolina.” RENCI White Paper Series 2(1)
- Blanton B, et al. (2013) “Building the ADCIRC Collaborative: A federated approach to storm surge modeling and model output distribution to enable better decision support.” RENCI White Paper Series 1(1)
- RENCI Research Summaries
- Journal Papers & Grant Proposals
- Annual Brochures & Research Reports